There is no Employee Retention Credit application. Instead, employers can claim the Employee Retention Credit on their federal employment tax returns. In most cases, this means claiming the credits on Form 941, Employer’s Quarterly Federal Tax Return.

Depending on your business, you might also claim the credit on Form 944, Employer’s Annual Federal Tax Return, or Form 943, Employer’s Annual Federal Tax Return for Agricultural Employees.

Report the total qualifying leave wages on your federal employment tax return. (Provided by your Hiring Incentives Platform with GMG.)

If your federal employment taxes don’t cover the payments, you can fill out Form 7200, Advance Payment of Employer Credits Due to COVID-19, to request an advance of the credits.

To learn more about ERC click here.